We are happy to announce that the 10th DBpedia Community Meeting will be held in Amsterdam, Netherlands. During the SEMANTiCS 2017, Sep 11-14, the DBpedia Community will get together on the 14th of September for the DBpedia Day.
What cool things do you do with DBpedia? Present your tools and datasets at the DBpedia Community Meeting. Please submit your proposal in our form.
– Keynote by Chris Welty (Google Research NY)
– Keynote by Victor de Boer (VU University)
– DBpedia Association hour & Dutch DBpedia hour
– A session on DBpedia ontology by members of the DBpedia ontology committee
– DBpedia Tutorial Session (For people who want to learn about DBpedia.)
– We will talk with Mike Tung, CEO and founder from diffbot, about the DBpedia NLP department via videostream.
– Web URL: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/Amsterdam2017
– Hashtag: #DBpediaAmsterdam17
– When: September 14th, 2017
– Where: Meervaart Theatre, Meer en Vaart 300, 1068 LE Amsterdam, Netherlands
– Call for Contribution: Please submit your proposal in our form.
– Attending the DBpedia Community Meeting costs €40 (excl. registration fee and VAT). DBpedia members get free admission, please contact your nearest DBpedia chapter or the DBpedia Association for a promotion code.
– Please check all details here: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/Amsterdam2017#tickets
Please check our schedule for the 10th DBpedia Community meeting here: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/Amsterdam2017
If you can’t stand it till the end of the SEMANTiCS, you can already participate in the workshop “Two worlds, one goal: A Reliable Linked Data ecosystem for media” held by DBpedia and Wolters Kluwer on the 11th of September. This half-day workshop aims at exploring major topics for publishers and libraries from DBpedia’s and Wolters Kluwer’s perspective. Therefore, both communities will dive into core areas like Interlinking, Metadata and Data Quality and address challenges such as fundamental requirements when publishing data on the web. Did we spark your interest? Check our detailed program here and get your ticket today.
Sponsors and Acknowledgments
– Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (https://www.vu.nl/en/)
– ALIGNED Project (http://aligned-project.eu/)
– Institute for Applied Informatics (http://infai.org/en/AboutInfAI)
– OpenLink Software (http://www.openlinksw.com/)
– SEMANTICS Conference Sep 11-14, 2017 in Amsterdam (https://2017.semantics.cc/)
In case you want to sponsor the 10th DBpedia Community Meeting, please contact the DBpedia Association via firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Enno Meijers, National Library of the Netherlands & Dutch DBpedia
– Lieke Verhelst, Linked Data Factory, Informagic & Dutch DBpedia
– Victor de Boer, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam & Dutch DBpedia
– Roland Cornelissen, metamatter & Dutch DBpedia
– Gerald Wildenbeest, Saxion & Dutch DBpedia
– Gerard Kuys, Ordina & Dutch DBpedia
– Maarten Brinkerink, The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision & Dutch DBpedia
– Julia Holze, DBpedia Association
– Dimitris Kontokostas, DBpedia Chapter Coordinator
– Sebastian Hellmann, AKSW/KILT, DBpedia Association
We are looking forward to meeting you in Amsterdam!
Check our website for further updates, follow us on #twitter or subscribe to our newsletter.
Your DBpedia Association