Due to current circumstances, the SEMANTiCS Onsite Conference 2020 had, unfortunately, to be postponed till September 2021. To bridge the gap until 2021, DBpedia, PLDN and EuroSDR will organize a SEMANTiCS satellite event online, on October 6, 2020. We set up an exciting themed program around ‘Knowledge Graphs in Action: DBpedia, Linked Geodata and Geo-information Integration’.
This new event is a combination of two already existing ones: the DBpedia Community Meeting, which is regularly held as part of the SEMANTiCS, and the annual Spatial Linked Data conference organised by EuroSDR and the Platform Linked Data Nederland. We fused both together and as a bonus, we added a track about Geo-information Integration hosted by EuroSDR. For the joint opening session, we recruited four amazing keynote speakers to kick the event off.
Highlights of the Knowledge Graph in Action event
– Hackathon (starts 2 weeks earlier)
– Keynote by Carsten Hoyer-Click, German Aerospace Center
– Keynote by Marinos Kavouras, National Technical University of Athens
– Keynote by Peter Mooney, Maynooth University
– Spatial Linked Data Country Session
– DBpedia Chapter Session
– Self Service GIS Session
– DBpedia Showcase Session
– When: October 6, 2020
– Where: The conference will take place fully online.
– Please check the schedule for the upcoming Knowledge Graphs in Action event here: https://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/KnowledgeGraphsInAction
– Attending the conference is free. Registration is required though. Please get in touch with us if you have any problems during the registration stage. Register here to be part of the meeting: https://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/KnowledgeGraphsInAction
– Benedicte Bucher, University Gustave Eiffel, IGN, EuroSDR
– Erwin Folmer, Kadaster, University of Twente, Platform Linked Data Netherlands
– Rob Lemmens, University of Twente
– Sebastian Hellmann, AKSW/KILT, DBpedia Association
– Julia Holze, DBpedia Association
Don’t think twice and register now! Join the Knowledge Graph in Action event on October 6, 2020 to catch up with the latest research results and developments in the Semantic Web Community. Register here and meet us and other SEMANTiCS enthusiasts.
We are looking forward to meeting you online!
on behalf of the DBpedia Association